Ancestral healing to connect with the gifts and resources in your lineage
Thurs Feb 20th, 7-9:30 pm @ Grand Street Healing Project, Williamsburg
Thurs March 12th, 7-9:30 pm @ Grand Street Healing Project, Williamsburg
Thurs April 9th, 7-9:30 pm @ Grand Street Healing Project, Williamsburg
What is Family Constellations?
Family Constellations help shine light on how you connect with intergenerational patterns operating within your family system. It provides an opening where stories that no longer serve can be released, the past can be honored, and individuals can become more free to step fully into their lives. This gives you a clear picture of the significance of your place in the family system, bringing you a greater sense of ease and strength.
In this experiential workshop, we will be guided in how to connect with our ability to use felt sense to perceive systemic dynamics. Participants will have the opportunity for individual constellations to have an embodied understanding of their current situation and an empowered sense of possibility for how to transform inherited patterns into powerful gifts and blessings.
Some of the possibilities we see in Family Constellations:
- Get support for starting a new phase of your life — new relationships, marriage, children, families
- Make sense of things that do not otherwise do not add up — explain what is going on when words come out of your mouth and you wonder, “where did that come from?!”
- Increase the mutual embracing for blended families
- Be free from dynamics originating from your family that no longer serve you or your family
- Find a place of truth and reconciliation for those whose previous generations were caught in difficult circumstances
- Transform inherited patterns into powerful gifts and blessings for yourself, your kids, and your family
How do Family Constellations work?
Taking a holistic approach guided by systems theory, representatives are placed for significant members of the family. The positioning of representatives in physical space is the first “constellation.” (It actually has little to do with astronomy…)
The constellations process is designed to support you in having an embodied understanding of the current situation and an empowered sense of possibility for how to move forward. The insights and guidance you receive are based on your own felt sense — you will feel when what shows up in the constellation rings true and is authentic for you.
The constellations facilitator guides the process, sometimes asking for additional information, and bringing in supportive resources. Most often the configuration of representatives in the constellation tells a clear story, and a way for all members of the family system to find a good place.
Facilitated by Alissa Fleet
Alissa is a Family & Systemic Constellations Facilitator offering Systemic Coaching for personal and professional transformation. She brings a background of learning from the most beloved constellations trainers in the U.S., as well as Buddhist psychology, and indigenous wisdom traditions. She is thirteenth generation from Cape Cod, from a family with a deep love for place, ancestors, and telling family stories. For Business Constellations she draws on 20 years working in product design management for branding, innovation, and management consulting firms.
Register to Attend
Thurs, Feb 20th @ 7-9:30 pm
Thurs, March 12 @ 7-9:30 pm
Thurs, April 9th @ 7-9:30 pm
- Location: Grand Street Healing Project, 105 Grand Street, Brooklyn
- Pay only: $30
Family constellations is a phenomenological practice, meaning we are guided by what shows up in the group process, which is different for each family. There are some principles that have shown to be consistent for how family systems function, regardless of culture or belief systems. These principles provide clues that help us know what to look for:
- It all belongs. Everyone in the family system has a right to belong to the system, always.
- All who belong must be given their place. Each member of the family system has a place that is uniquely theirs.
- There needs to be a balance of giving and receiving in relationships.